Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Isn't tech engaging?

My daughter is 4, almost 5 years old. She is in pre-school and loves it! She has a wonderful teacher and was lucky to have a great student teacher in the classroom as well this fall. The purpose of this post is not to brag about my daughter's school or tell you how smart she is..

However, the purpose is to talk about technology.. My daughter enjoys using my Ipad to pop bubbles or listen to Toy Story. She has a Leapster with many games and also has a Tag reading system. We haven't gone the Nintendo DS way yet... The reason is she would rather sit and read, or write, or color than play with a techy toy. She is extremely excited to show my wife and I the new pictures she draws with crayons. She loves to share her words she writes with colored pencils. She would rather read books to her audience of dolls.

My question is why isn't she engaged in technology? Why would she rather write and draw and read than play a Dora video game?

No comments:

Post a Comment