Monday, November 1, 2010

A rant....

I'll be honest, this post has been a long time coming.

I understand that the purpose of blogging and twitter in education are meant to be collaborative. The things shared are shared for sharing purposes. I don't expect anything in return, they're my thoughts or someone else's in which I found value. The reason I'm upset, and that's a harsh term... I'm irritated... I have 777 followers on Twitter. Most are education folks, so my posts on the blog may pertain to them. On my last post, I had visits from a grand total of....40 visits.. Yes 40..

Now, I appreciate those 40 visitors. I really do. I appreciate the comment I received from Bill as well! The reason for my irritability is the lack of views.. I know that I am not the best writer in the world... Really, I have very minimal writing training, it's not one of my strengths by any means, but there are at least 737 people who for some reason or another follow me on twitter and didn't view the blog. I sent out a tweet with the link to the post, it was nicely retweeted by my brother, Bill Ferreter and my sister... Thanks family!!!!

Is there a reason, don't know. Not sure I really care. But it does beg some questions. Do we follow people on twitter just to increase our followers? Is the number of followers like a status symbol? I will say, I follow most of my followers back, not sure why.. a lot of them are from Iowa so I feel that necessary.

I am just as much to blame. I follow people, don't read all there stuff. Can't say I have time to read everything. With the new job, I can say blogging, blog reading, and twitter have taken a back seat to work and family..

So, thanks for listening.. I don't expect many responses or anything, this is my blog. I can write what I want to... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment